Halloween Fun in La Jolla
The wait is over, and you can find fun, safe, and spooky activities in La Jolla during Halloween time. Let halloween fun in La Jolla begin.
The Pillage at the Village
The time has come to take out your worst outfit and make it the best costume! Only to show it off at the 7th annual Pillage the Village event! On Halloween day, October 30th from 3 pm to 6 pm as the legend reveals, year after year tiny and not so tiny trick-or-treaters in La Jolla walk in costumes around the Village. Treat yourself and all participating merchants to a little fun. You will know if the business is part of the legend when you see black and orange balloons displayed. It is recommended to start on Girard and Prospect and go all around downtown La Jolla.
Haunted Aquarium: Sea Monster Mash
Birch Aquarium is another great place to celebrate Halloween in La Jolla and it is a great educational experience for the whole family. Learn from the Scripps Institution of Oceanography Scientist and wander around the galleries in the hunt for the underwater creatures that are not usually displayed at Birch Aquarium. Kids will be surprised by so many glowing sea creatures; then you will get sticky with slime and even get to hear spooky stories! All of this while enjoying live music.
Sea Monster Mash Activities Include:
- Scripps Institution of Oceanography Scientists showcasing their latest research;
- Make your own seaweed slime (and take it home!);
- Frankensquid: Get up close and personal with a huge Humboldt Squid and learn what makes it unique;
- Experience a tiny 3-D microscope, developed by Scripps Oceanography scientists;
- Check out spooky species, including skeleton shrimp and sea spiders;
- Costume contest – complete with a prize giveaway;
- Witness creatures that create their own light and glow in the deep, dark ocean;
- Storytime with a spooky shipwreck tale;
- Creepy crafts for all ages;
- Live music brought to you by Billy Lee and the Swamp Critters.
At the end of your spooky night, sleep safely away from all the haunted places (but close enough) at The Shoal La Jolla Beach Hotel. Relax in our Spa, jump in a heated pool, rest by our cozy fire pit, and sleep comfortably in a newly renovated room.